I just renewed my passport and have now decided that I need a passport card. How do I get one?


If you already have a passport book and you are eligible to use Form DS-82, you may apply for a passport card as a renewal by mail even if it is your first passport card.

Your current passport book must be: 

  • Submitted with your DS-82 application
  • Undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
  • Issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Issued within the last 15 years
  • Issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
  • On the DS-82 application, check the appropriate box at the top of the form to indicate that you would like to apply for a new passport card.

You must Apply in Person for a passport card using Form DS-11 if you do not meet the requirements listed above. 

Currently, Peninsula Visa cannot assist with obtained just a passport card.

Please visit the State Department website travel.state.gov for information on mailing your application.



How did we do?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)