I just renewed my passport and have now decided that I need a passport card. How do I get one?
If you already have a passport book and you are eligible to use Form DS-82, you may apply for a passport card as a renewal by mail even if it is your first passport card.
Your current passport book must be:
- Submitted with your DS-82 application
- Undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
- Issued when you were age 16 or older
- Issued within the last 15 years
- Issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
- On the DS-82 application, check the appropriate box at the top of the form to indicate that you would like to apply for a new passport card.
Currently, Peninsula Visa cannot assist with obtained just a passport card.
Please visit the State Department website travel.state.gov for information on mailing your application.