Can I provide my mortgage statement as proof of residence for the India visa application?
No, mortgage statements cannot be provided as proof of residency.
You must provide a copy of one of the following documents:
- Valid state issued driver's license or State ID card
- Major utility bill (gas, water, electric) Cable or cell phone bills are not accepted by the Consulate.
- Full, lease agreement with original signature from tenant and landlord.
The document must:
- Display your name as it appears on your passport
- Display the current residence address you have provided on your visa application form