I'm a dual citizen of Canada and USA and I'm traveling with both passports. I've entered France from Canada with my Canadian passport, but will be returning to the USA from France. Can I use my USA passport to enter the USA?



Under the right circumstances, you are allowed to become a citizen of both Canada and the United States, simultaneously. Many people enjoy the benefits of dual citizenship, allowing them to to travel back and forth freely, vote, and otherwise take advantage of the rights of citizens in both countries.

Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to leave and enter the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.

Being a citizen of the United States, it is highly advisable to enter the United States on a US Passport.

That being said, you would have had to initially depart the United States using your US Passport.

The following articles may also be helpful:

0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.