Can I ask for expedited service for my mail-in passport renewal even if I am not travelling immediately?



Normally, all requests for expediting of a US Passport must be accompanied by some kind of proof of international travel in the form of an airline or travel agency itinerary printout.

However, during this Corona Virus pandemic with the expedite service having been expanded to 4-6 weeks mail in turn time, all you would need to do is pay the additional $60 expedite fee. If you have an idea of what your travel plans are, you may if you wish, include a brief letter with your application explaining your need for the expedited service, but currently for the 4-6 week mail-in service, the proof of travel is not a mandatory requirement.

0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.