How can I extend my Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?


Foreign nationals seeking extension of their tourist Sri Lanka ETA should apply for extensions before the expiry of the ETA. Extensions are usually given in three month blocks and maximum length of tourist visa is for six months.

Document Requirement

a. Completed and signed tourist visa extension application form

b. Passport of the applicant (original)

c. One color passport size photograph of applicant (size (3.5x 4.5 cm)

d. Proof of financial resources to cover expenses for the extended stay

e. Proof of return air ticket to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination

f. Other supporting documents to justify the request for extension


How to Apply

Extension can be applied at our Immigration Services Centre located conveniently in the central business district in Colombo. Your presence is not mandatory to submit the application. 


Step 1 - Visit our Immigration Services Centre to hand over your application together with fees. We will notify you approximate time to collect the passport 

Step 2 - We will submit your application to the Department of Immigration for processing and collect the processed passports

Step 3 - You can pick up the passport from our service centre or we can deliver it to you at a nominal fee.



Fee will include Government visa fee, tax and our service fee. The Department of Immigration calculates the Visa fee on reciprocal basis therefore; visa fee will depend on your nationality.

As circumstance of every case is different, our service fee depends on each case and on Additional Services requested by you and could only be determined after all information is available to us. However, as part of our policy to provide transparent and responsible service, our service fee will be clearly notified before we accept application.

If you would like to know the total fees payable before you visit us or courier your documents, please contact us for assistance.

Alternatively, you can apply visa extension directly at the Department of Immigration and Emigration.

0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.