My child was 12 when she was issued a 5-year passport. Now she is 17, and needs a new passport. Can we just renew her passport?


Passports issued to minors cannot be renewed.

Minors ages 16 and 17 are eligible to apply for a new adult passport using application form DS-11.

Applicants must submit their completed application, including citizenship evidence, photocopy of ID, photo, and fees, in person at a passport acceptance facility such as a post office.

Passports for applicants 16 and older are valid for 10 years.


0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.