You must submit one of the following U.S. citizenship documents for your child. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy. Photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable.
Born in the United States?
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired)
- U.S. birth certificate that meets the following requirements:
- Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
- Lists applicant's full name, date of birth, and place of birth
- Lists the parent(s)' full names
- Has the date filed with registrar's office (must be within one year of birth)
- Has the registrar's signature
- Has the seal of the issuing authority
Born outside the United States?
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (can be expired)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship