What is an F1 visa?


A USA F1 visa is a Student Visa. It allows for study in the USA during the duration of the course for which you have been accepted at a specific Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school. The University will also provide a Form I-20 from their Designated School Official (DSO)

F-1 Regulations allow students participating in OPT to work in the United States. There would be an OPT statement in the I 20. The applicant would also need to show his/her EAD card

When you enroll at the graduate level, the designated school official (DSO) may authorize CPT. This would also require the appropriate statement in your I20.


1 out of 1 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.