The Consulate of India will not guarantee to accept your application if you have a valid visa in your passport. Their primary consideration is based on when your current visa will expire. They will not issue a new visa if your stated travel dates in your new visa application form and other supporting documents are before your current visa expires. Your currently active visa will need to be canceled upon approval and issuance of a second visa.
Articles in this section
- Can we apply for an India business visa during COVID-19?
- Who is the outsourcing partner of the Indian Consulate in the United States?
- India Visa- Applying for a Visa With a Hyphenated Name
- Can you hold two standard visas (Tourist and Business) at the same time?
- Can the US business letter be from an office which is located out of Houston jurisdiction if we process the India visa in Houston?
- If we process an India visa in Washington DC, can the US business letter be from an office which is located out of that jurisdiction ?
- Can I apply for an India visa if I have a valid visa in my passport?
- I have one blank visa page remaining in my passport. Can I apply for a visa for India?
- I haven't booked my flight yet. Can I still apply for an India visa?
- Can I provide my mortgage statement as proof of residence for the India visa application?