My name is Sona Arora and I am a Senior Visa and Passport Specialist at Peninsula Visa. When I first started at this company about 10 years ago, we were a very small group of like minded team members, who were motivated to do their best work everyday. There were no fixed roles or fixed responsibilities, everyone was involved in solving the issues and problems that came our way. Under the leadership of our founders, Nick Nicholas and John Smillie, we as a team were focussed on providing the best customer service and an excellent experience to our valued customers. We used to share a small office, with no individual cubicles and an open space working environment. Everyone would always be multitasking, and playing different roles. I used to play the role of an account manager, front desk executive, visa and passport consultant and support specialist all in the same week.
As our business grew, our teams also grew. Under the current leadership of our COO ,Evan James, we introduced new technology and processes, that have taken our business to the next level, while preserving the original vision of our founders - to provide the best customer service and an excellent experience to our valued customers.
My professional accomplishments include the following:
- Domain expert in visa and passport documents.
- Excellent time management skills, adhere to changing consulate paperwork requirements and customer scenarios.
- Provide excellent service to our valued customers by aligning our services with the requirements of our customers.
- Set realistic customer expectations, and work as a team to beat those expectations.
- Build customer confidence and loyalty in our products and services.
- Take ownership of customer issues and problems, and resolve them in a meaningful timely manner.
- Handle high volume of sensitive paperwork, customer phone calls, and manage aggressive deadlines.
Throughout my career, I have been motivated by the following mantra: "There are no secrets to success, it's a result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failures. Never give up, never stop believing, never stop fighting, keep gaining knowledge - and success will come "
When I am not working, I relax by cooking for my family. I also love to travel with my family and friends to new places. My hobbies include watching movies/tv shows, and shopping. My personal interest to travel compliments with my profession, I know all the countries where I can travel with my family without the need for visas. For the remaining countries, that do need visas, I know how to get them :-)