The Nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam can apply online for an (ROC )Travel Authorization Certificate to enter Taiwan if they have valid Permanent Resident card or Valid Entry visa for USA .
To be eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, the following three basic requirements must be met:
- The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- The applicant must possess an onward/return air or ferry ticket.
- The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
In addition to the aforementioned basic requirements, one of the following requirements must also be met:
- The applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of EU and Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:
- Valid resident or permanent resident card
- Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa)
- Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan
- The applicant possesses an entry visa or resident card issued by the ROC at any point in the past 10 years and has no record of immigration irregularities or law violations in Taiwan. However, holders of ROC entry visas bearing the remark FL (i.e., foreign laborer), X (i.e., others), or P with “Special permission from MOFA” (visa and eVisa for “Project for Simplifying Visa Regulations for High-end Group Tourists from Southeast Asian Countries (Project Kuan-Hong)” ever issued), as well as holders of ROC resident cards with stated purpose of residence being foreign laborer (i.e., 外勞), are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
Once the application has been approved, the applicant can print out the (ROC) Travel Authorization Certificate. The applicant must present the certificate and the required documents for inspection when entering Taiwan.An approved (ROC) Travel Authorization Certificate is valid for 90 days. Multiple entries within these 90 days are allowed. The holder of an (ROC) Travel Authorization Certificate may stay in Taiwan for 14 days, starting from the day after arrival.
If your online request is denied or cannot be completed for (ROC) Travel Authorization Certificate you must type a letter on company letter head addressed to the Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office, stating that the online registration failed and that you need to have a paper visa issued.
You can apply for (ROC) Travel Authorization Certificate for Taiwan by Clicking Here