The visa is valid from the date of issue at the consulate. The visa start date is NOT based on the application form or supporting documents provided, or the date of arrival in India.
Articles in this section
- Common Mistakes on the India Visa Application
- Do I need to upload a photo when submitting the India visa application through Peninsula Visa?
- I can't select a Mission in the US when completing the India visa application.
- I completed the India visa application form but just realized I made a mistake. How do I log back in and edit the application?
- I entered my hotel address on the online India application. When I printed it, the address wasn't showing. Can I handwrite that in?
- I have started an application form at the India Consulate website. Can Peninsula Visa submit the application if this has been started already?
- India Visa Application Cheat Sheet
- What does a US citizen put in the field for citizenship or national id number on the India visa application?
- What if I can't find my expired visa for India? What do I enter on the application form?
- What is my "Educational Qualification" on the India visa application?