Can I apply for a passport card and passport book using the same application?



Yes, you can apply for both a passport book and passport card at the same time using either Form DS-11 (apply in person) or Form DS-82 (renewal). To apply for or renew both the book and card, check the appropriate box at the top of the form to indicate that you would like to apply for both. 


Please note:

  • If you're renewing your passport book and passport card, you must submit both documents.

  • If you can submit a passport book, but you lost your passport card, you cannot renew the passport card using Form DS-82.
  • If you already have a passport book and you are eligible to use Form DS-82 (renewal by mail), you may apply for a passport card using DS-82 even if this is your first passport card. Otherwise you will need to use form DS-11 to apply for a passport card.



3 out of 3 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.