Different Types of Thailand Visas



There are different kinds of visas for all travel purposes.


Listed below are the different visa types for travel to Thailand:

F — To perform official duties 

B — Conduct business, attend business conferences, scuba diving courses, to teach, kick boxing courses (Muay Thai) and massage courses.

IM — To invest with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries and Government Departments concerned.

IB — Invest or perform other activities relating to investment, subject to the provision of the established laws on investment promotion.

ED — To study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour , to participate in projects or seminars , to attend a conference or training course , to study as a foreign Buddhist monk 

M — To work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter with permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand.

R — For missionary work or other religious activities with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries or Government Departments concerned.

RS — To conduct scientific research or training or teaching in a research institute.

EX — Undertake skilled work or to work as an expert or specialist.

O — Stay with family,  perform duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.


Tourist Visa TR Single — Those who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes, including for boxing training, scuba diving training, and yoga training.

Tourist Visa TR Multiple  This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes, with multiple entries

Tourist Visa Category MT — Those who wish to enter the Kingdom for medical treatment at hospitals / medical facilities in Thailand.

Transit Visa Category S / TS / C — To travel in transit through Thailand to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country: (Category “TS”)
To participate in sports activities(Category “S”)The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom: (Category “C”)

Non-Immigrant Visa Category B — Those who wish to conduct business (Business)/ or work (Working)/ or work as a teacher (Teaching) in Thailand.

Non-Immigrant Visa Category M — Those who wish to work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter

Non-Immigrant Visa Category ED — Those who wish to study or do an internship in Thailand.

Non-Immigrant Visa Category O — Those who wish to stay with family in Thailand (Thai Family) or wish to do volunteering work with the state enterprises or social welfare organizations in Thailand (Volunteering)

Non-Immigrant Visa Category O-A — (1 year)

Non-Immigrant Visa Category O-X — (10 years)

0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.