When an appearance at an acceptance office is required for processing, you will need to present Proof of Identity, along with the rest of your required documents.
The Primary Proof of Identity items will be a valid drivers license, state identification card, naturalization certificate or military ID.
If you do not have any of these primary photo ID's, you will need to present a combination of the following Secondary ID's:
- In-state, fully valid non-driver ID
- Out-of-state driver's license
- Out-of-state non-driver ID
- Social Security card
- Learner's or temporary driver's permit
- Voter registration card
- Employee ID
- Student ID
- Selective Service (draft) card
- Medicare or other health card
- Expired driver's license
- Form DS-71, for an Identifying Witness
Please prepare to bring as many of these forms of ID as possible with you to the Acceptance Office. Keep in mind that the Acceptance Officer may request further proof of identity.