The Russian visa application is unique in the sense that you can exit a completed or partially filled application and then log back in at a later time to complete or revise your information.
1. Visit https://visa.kdmid.ru/ and scroll down to the button that says "Retrieve previously completed application"
2. Type in your Application ID that was issued to you when the application was created.
Once you enter you ID number the website will ask you for more information to confirm your identity.
3. Fill out the first 5 letters of your surname (last name).
4. Enter your year of birth.
5. Enter your password and then click "Continue filling the electronic application form".