As long as your passport meets the eligibility requirements listed below, you can renew your passport prior to the expiration date and up to five years after it expires.
You are eligible to renew your passport if:
- it is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- was issued when you were age 16 or older;
- was issued within the last 15 years; and
- was issued in your current name or;
- you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.