I need to renew my passport but don't need it expedited. What should I do?



You can renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:

  1. Is submitted with your application
  2. Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
  3. Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  4. Was issued within the last 15 years
  5. Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)

Routine processing takes 4-6 weeks, and Expedited 2-3 weeks.

Department of State recommends using a trackable delivery method when mailing in your passport application.

Address the envelope to the location for your state. See page 2 of your DS-82 form.



0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.