When this situation arises, travelers can use their old passport number or enter nine zeros so they can purchase their tickets. Once the new passport has been issued, they log in or call the airline to provide the updated passport information.
Articles in this section
- 16 and 17 Year Old Applicants
- What can be used as Proof of Identity in passport processes?
- My US passport expired while I'm abroad. Can I enter back into the US on an expired passport?
- Can I renew my US passport in the US, even though I live abroad?
- Burbank City Hall | Acceptance Office
- What Does a Suspense Letter Mean from the Passport Office?
- Global Entry
- My passport expired and now I've lost it. Do I apply for a lost/stolen passport replacement, or a new passport?
- I need my passport expedited but don't have a flight itinerary. What should I do?