How do I request for a 52 page passport book?

All applicants can request a non -standard 52 page passport book. There is no additional fee and the request is made while completing the online application.

I can view my application but cannot print it.

Usually, what has happened in this case, is the Preview button has been clicked and the application is displayed, however you cannot print from that view. In order to finish and print your application, you must click Next and continue through the application process.


Will my original legal documents such as, my birth certificate or marriage certificate be returned?

Yes. All original documents submitted as part of your passport process will be returned along with your passport.

I don't need my passport expedited. What should I do?

If you're not in a hurry, you may follow the instructions from the US Department of State by clicking here: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html

What is an Acceptance Office?

Acceptance offices are typically a post office or county clerk's office. You can view the nearest Acceptance Office by clicking on the following link: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/DefaultForm.aspx

Can I add pages to my passport?

No. Effective January 1st, 2016 the US Department of State stopped adding additional pages to US passports due to the additional pages effecting the structural integrity of the passport. If your passport is out of pages, you must renew it, even if it's not expired.

Do children require a passport?

Yes. Each individual citizen, including infants, must possess his or her own passport.

How long is a US passport valid for?

If the passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, the passport is valid for 10 years. If the passport was issued when you were 15 years old or younger, the passport is valid for 5 years.

What if I don't have a social security number?
If you would like to apply for a U.S. passport, and you don’t have a Social Security number, you will need to submit a statement, signed and dated, which includes the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security number by the Social Security Administration.”
1 out of 1 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.