Holders of a regular US passports who are traveling for tourism, business or social purposes may apply for a 30-day visitor Visa-on-Arrival at airports in Jakarta, Bali, Surabaya, Banda Aceh, Medan, Padang, Pekanbaru, Manado, Biak, Ambon, Balikpapan, Pontianak, Kupang, Batam, and South Sumatra.
We recommend obtaining the visa before traveling to avoid long immigration lines. You can view the requirements to apply for a visa through Peninsula Visa here: http://www.peninsulavisa.com/
Visa-on-Arrival is also available at a limited number of seaports, including the Batam and Bintan ferry terminals opposite Singapore, but they are unavailable at any land border crossing.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months
- Must have at least two blank visa pages in the back of your passport.
- An onward/return ticket is required to apply for a Visa-on-Arrival at these ports of entry.
- Visa-on-Arrival is only for tourism, temporary business, or visits to Indonesian family, friends or social or educational institutions Visa-on-Arrival is valid for 30 days, and costs 35 USD.
- A Visa-on-Arrival may be extended one time only for a period of 30 additional days.
Details from the Department of State website