My passport expired and now I've lost it. Do I apply for a lost/stolen passport replacement, or a new passport?


You will need to apply for a lost/stolen passport. Because you do not know your previous passport number, please enter "0" for all digits. You may also estimate the issue date.

If you were to apply for a standard renewal, the Passport Agency would look up your old passport and reject your application because the previous passport was not provided. Therefore, a lost/stolen passport application must be completed and a visit to the Acceptance Office would be your first step once all documents have been completed. 

To see more information regarding visiting this process, please check out our Acceptance Office visit info page.


0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.