Do you need to appear in person at a post office or passport appearance office?
We got you covered! Here are tips and tricks you need to know to get your passport expedited ASAP!
Step 1: Know your stuff
For mandatory appearances in front of a government officer, you will need to bring the appropriate required documents listed on our site. You will then get a "sealed envelope" which should be given to us within 2 business days.
To get a sealed envelope you will be one of the following:
- Have a passport that is expired for more than 5 years
- Are applying for a first time passport
- Need need a child passport issued
- Have a lost/stolen/damaged passport
Important note: ONLY A GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL CAN VERIFY IDENTITIES OF AMERICAN CITIZENS WHICH IS WHY YOU NEED TO APPEAR IN PERSON WITH THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Once you receive your "sealed envelope" you can then expedite the processing of the passport through Peninsula Visa.
Continue to step 2 find walk-in facilities!
Step 2: You can go to numerous facilities but we recommend these five near our office.
Our top five local facilities which take walk-ins that are within 10 miles from our office are listed below.
- San Jose's Robertsville Station Post office:
- (408) 264-9523
- Monday thru Friday Passport Walk-in Hours - 9:00am - 12:00pm, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- 1175 Branham Ln, San Jose, CA 95118
- San Jose's Willow Glen Station:
- (408) 723-6134
- Monday thru Friday Passport Walk-in Hours - 10:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Saturday Passport Walk-in Hours - 10:00am - 1:30pm
- 1750 Meridian Ave, San Jose, CA 95125
- San Jose's Eastridge Station:
- (408) 270-2368
- Monday thru Saturday Passport Walk-in Hours - 10am to 4pm
- 2200 Eastridge Loop San Jose, CA 95122
- Palo Alto's Post Office:
- (650) 321-1423
- Monday thru Friday Passport Walk-in Hours - 9am to 3pm
- 2085 E. Bayshore Rd. East Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Fremont's Post Office:
- (510) 792-0282
- Monday thru Friday Passport Walk-in Hours - 8:45am - 12:00pm, 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- 37010 Dusterberry Way, Fremont, CA 94536
Step 3: Tips for being seen
One way to make sure you are seen the same day is arriving early in the morning. The offices that only take around 40 walk-ins a day.
We advise standing in line during the early hours of the morning, meaning 6AM, before the offices open and the earlier the better.
About Saturday Walk-Ins
Be warned that Saturdays are the most busiest walk-in days of the week. On a normal day you want to start lining up at 6AM but on Saturdays you will need to lineup earlier due to the high demand.
Other helpful links:
Passport acceptance facility search page - to locate a appearance office.
Peninsula Visa passport widget page - be directed to the required documents and resource pages for passports by completing our quick and easy online questionnaire widget.